Ground Steward - outline
Every match, each team must have their own Ground Steward that is required to wear the vest provided by the Team Manager, shouldn't be a team official (coach, team manager, player) and should make themselves known to the ref before the game.
They are responsible for undertaking the following roles:
- Ensure that only players and officials are within the technical areas
- If a spectator is not behaving, a Ground Steward should approach the person and remind him/her of the requirements.
- Grounds Stewards should not at any time engage in any verbal or physical altercations.
- All Ground Stewards are responsible for their own spectators, and Ground Stewards should not become involved with the opposition spectators.
- If spectators from the opposing club are not behaving in accordance with the FFA Spectator Code of Conduct and no action is being taken by that club's own Ground Steward, a report should be submitted
Keep parents and supporters behaviour in line with polite, social norms and approach those falling outside these lines to remind them of their responsibility as role models for the kids.